[xsd-users] xlink href use of idref class

Laurence Davies laurence.davies at unsw.edu.au
Fri Sep 4 19:20:16 EDT 2015

> >     color_t& color = ... // reference to an object containing href
> >     xml_schema::idref ref (href, 0, &color);
> >
> > The `color` element is a "reference to an object containing href". Does
> > this mean that color is a _type object which contains a tree of children,
> > one of which containing a _tree object with ID==href?
>
> Yes, that's correct.

In that case, in the streaming example would this tree of children (stored in map_?) be complete? I see in the idref::get() method it performs root_()->lookup() which would assume that the correct root container can be referenced in root_() and that lookup() can find the matching ID element from map_.  Considering that in the streaming code the type_ objects are often discarded, would keeping a "shell" of the root element solve this problem? Or do I need to have the complete tree in memory for it to work correctly?

Thank you and regards,
Laurence

Laurence Davies
Research Assistant in eGeodesy