[xsd-users] C++ tree introspection and self serialization?

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Apr 13 10:01:07 EDT 2015

Hi John,

Michaloski, John L. <john.michaloski at nist.gov> writes:

> I am using Postgres since its array structure seems to handle
> easiest.)

Note that this will only work for simple values in <elements><element>.

> 1)      Support xsd.exe flags to generate SQL statements (although
>         a standard I realize they vary from vendor to vendor).

No.

> 2)      Non-XML serialization (to Database). Would mean starting at
>         root and knowing where the child nodes are (in CodeSynthesis,
>         not Xerces).

No.

> 3)      Introspection - so if I can navigate I know what node I'm
>         at. I'm assuming I can use Xerces get node to retrieve
>         element name.

Check the DOM association feature. It allows you to go back and
forth between C++/Tree and DOM model nodes.

> CodeSynthesis seems to offer a lot, often I just have trouble
> figuring out how to do some things.

You may want to check ODB out:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/odb/

With a bit of effort one should be able to map a "sane" XML
Schema model to a relational database with ODB.