[xsd-users] C++ 11 move semantics

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jul 3 09:50:19 EDT 2013

Hi Ovanes,

Ovanes Markarian <om_codesynthesis at keywallet.com> writes:

> Do you plan to solve that issue in an upcoming release?

I am not sure what the appropriate solution is for this case. Initially,
I thought that always calling std::move() is the right approach, but now
I am not so sure. For example, if the arg/ret type is an l-value reference
(not likely but conceivable), then things will break.

I definitely would prefer not to introduce a "move" function to the
type map -- that thing is already complex/confusing enough.

> Are there any plans for the upcoming release?

Yes, currently end-Aug/mid-Sep.