[xsd-users] error trying to build examples

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Aug 21 14:19:40 EDT 2013

Hi Neeraj,

Neeraj Vaidya <neeraj.vaidya at yahoo.co.in> writes:

> I built the xerces-3.1.1 source package using the g++ compiler, but
> still get the same error. What could be wrong ?

You either didn't build it with g++ (did you specify CXX=g++ in
configure command line?) or you are still linking to the old library
(try removing all copies of libxerces-c.so from your computer except
for the one you just built).

> But for my information, what is the difference between using
> different compilers? I thought if the OS is the same, the built
> binaries should work on both platforms.

No, the C++ ABIs (i.e., how the symbols are named) as used by g++
and Sun CC are different.