[xsd-users] XSD 3.3.0 Example Problems

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Jun 21 11:44:56 EDT 2010

Hi Bidski,

Bidski <bidski at bigpond.net.au> writes:

> ../../../../../bin/xsd cxx-tree --generate-xml-schema
> --generate-serialization --custom-type anyType=/type_base
> --hxx-epilogue '#include "xml-schema-custom.hxx"' xml-schema.xsd
>
> [..]
>
> Having a look at the lines in the, I found the following
>
> line 102:   typedef C:/msys/1.0 type;

It looks like you environment (I presume it is MSYS) automatically
translates sub-strings that start with / (anyType=/type_base) to
absolute Windows paths. This could be the shell or it could the
version of make distributed with MSYS. You can try to prevent this
translation by quoting the string (e.g., 'anyType=/type_base') or
by escaping the slash (e.g., anyType=\/type_base). You can also
consult the MSYS documentation and/or community for more information
on this issue (I did a quick Google search but didn't find anything
useful).