[xsd-users] Problem with parsing xml documents containing Chinese characters

Feng Tony fengtr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 23:43:09 EST 2010

Hi,
How can I use xsd to parse xml documents containing Chinese characters? I
use "char" char type. If wchar_t was used, the element "<xs:enumeration
value="°C"/>" in xml schema will be generated as L"\xB0""C" and the compiler
complains:
1>.\SCL_Enums.cxx(5246) : error C2308: concatenating mismatched strings
1>        Concatenating wide "°" with narrow "C"

My project is to parse xml documents conform to IEC61850-6 standard, and my
environment is vs9.0, win7 x64 English version with Chinese
supported,xcerse3.0.1, xsd3.2.0.

Thanks in advance
T.J.Feng