[xsd-users] Customizing generated code: Renaming classes, fields and functions.

Vladimir Vasilyev vladimir.vasilyev at mobile-mir.com
Mon Nov 23 14:25:40 EST 2009

Hello,

i am new to the xsd tool and could not find the corresponding
documentation myself... So please help me.

1. How can I rename the getters and setters using prefixes, suffixes
and/or other standard operations?
For a field "name" I want to have a getter "GetName" and setters
"SetName", and not "const string& name" and "void name".

2. How can I rename the getter using my own algorithm?
For a field "NS_FIELDNAMEFROMXSDWHICHCANNOTBEMODIFIED" i want to make
getter and setter
with something like "GetFieldName" and "SetFieldName", and not "const
Type& NS_FIELDNAMEFROMXSDWHICHCANNOTBEMODIFIED" and "void
NS_FIELDNAMEFROMXSDWHICHCANNOTBEMODIFIED".

3. How can I rename the member fields from "name_" to "m_name"?
Our coding style is different and should not be modified...

4. How can I rename classes using my own algorithm?
For a field "NS_SOMECLASSFROMXSDWHICHCANNOTBEMODIFIED" i want to make
"SomeClass".

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Vladimir.