[xsd-users] Sort of XML "reflection"

Paquette, Patrick PaquetP at navcanada.ca
Tue Nov 17 17:45:17 EST 2009

I'm trying to think of the best way to do this, any input would be
appreciated.

I have a complex type T which has a sequence of elements, each of which
have any cardinality.  I know that each of these elements are an
extension of a base type B.

As an argument, a caller will be passing a string representing the name
of one of these elements of the complex type T.  I'd like to determine
if such an element exists, and if it does, get a reference to all
occurences of them to a sequence of B&

I do not have the DOM association yet, as the object type was created
programatically, to be serialized later.

Short of serializing to a DOMDocument, parsing it to a new instance of
T, and navigating the DOM tree, is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks in advance,

Patrick Paquette
Senior Software Developer
Nav Canada - Flight Inspection Engineering
Technical Systems Center
280 Hunt Club Road
Ottawa, ON
K1V 1C1