[xsd-users] Empty enumeration results in cxx value

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Nov 17 07:44:01 EST 2009

Hi Stephen,

Stephen James <Stephen.James at genband.com> writes:

> <xs:simpleType name="busyfreestatusType">
>       <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
>         <xs:enumeration value=""/>
>         <xs:enumeration value="busy"/>
>         <xs:enumeration value="free"/>
>       </xs:restriction>
> </xs:simpleType>
>
> My values end up being -
>
>   enum value
>   {
>     cxx,
>     busy,
>     free
>   };
>
> I understand that there is no name for "" but is the value cxx controllable?

Yes, you can change enumerator names with the --enumerator-regex option.
For example, if add:

--enumerator-regex //empty_value/

when compiling the above schema fragment, I get:

enum value
{
  empty_value,
  busy,
  free
};

For more information on this option, see the NAMING CONVENTION section
in the XSD Compiler Command Line Manual:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/documentation/xsd.xhtml