[xsd-users] Receiving a build-0.3/bootstrap.make error during xsd build on mac

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Mar 10 12:16:36 EDT 2009

Hi Bert,

Bert Wagner <bertwagner at bertwagner.com> writes:

> ../build/bootstrap.make:8: build-0.3/bootstrap.make: No such file or
> directory

I assume that you have installed build as prescribed in the instructions.
If that's the case, then this error means that your GNU make for some
reason does not search in the directory where you have installed build
(by default /usr/include and /usr/local/include). In this case, I suggest
that you verify that there is build-0.3/bootstrap.make in the installation
directory and then use the MAKEFLAGS variable to make sure that make
searches in the installation directory:

$ make MAKEFLAGS=-I/path-to-where-build-was-installed

BTW, you may also want to try the all-in-one package (xsd+dep-3.2.0) as
mentioned in the instructions. This one does not require that you download
all the dependencies (except Xerces-C++ and Boost) individually.