[xsd-users] Keep a xsd library small

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Mar 6 08:03:15 EST 2009

Hi Angelo,

Angelo Difino <angelo at cedeo.net> writes:

> Last question :) since the number of classes is quite big (about 800),
> I've decided to organize this source code in several subfolders, labelled
> with the same name of the schema they belong to.
>
> I've wrote a batch file that simply move the files in the correct
> subfolder. Is there any way to automatize it (something like "--output-dir
> dir", but for the different namespaces)?

Take a look a the --type-file-regex and --type-file-regex-trace
options in the XSD Compiler Command Line Manual:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/documentation/xsd.xhtml

The first option allows you to specify regular expressions that
are used to transform type names into file names. They are run
on a string that includes the namespace. While you won't be able
to automatically place such files into different directories with
this approach, you can add a namespace-specific prefix to the files
and maybe later move them into a directory corresponding to the
namespace with a simple(r) script.

> I've included in attach an example ...

You attachment is in the RAR format. Please see item #5 in the
Posting Guidelines regarding this:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/support/posting-guidelines.xhtml