[xsd-users] XDR

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Sep 26 14:56:51 EDT 2007

Hi Michael,

Caruso, Michael - AES <Michael.Caruso at itt.com> writes:

> Does the xml_schema::buffer implementation keep everything in memory and
> write out to a file at the end of serialization or does it progressively
> write to a file?

The example I provided doesn't write anything to a file. xml_schema::buffer
is a simple memory buffer abstraction (it is used for base64Binary and
hexBinary built-in XML Schema types). The example shows how to serialize
the object model into a dynamically expanding memory buffer and then read
from it.

If you want to read/write from/to a file, simply change the overflow()
function to write to a file and the underflow() functions to read from
a file. You can pass the file descriptor as the first argument.