[xsd-users] segfault on auto_ptr release

Alberto Colombo a.colombo at kingston.ac.uk
Thu Nov 29 13:07:36 EST 2007

Hello Boris,

> > The problem is that, when I run the very simple program (Assess.cpp), it
> > crashes when the auto_ptr destructor is invoked. This happens both on
> > windows and linux (either with segmentation fault or illegal
> > instruction, randomly), using xsd 3.0.0.

> Can you send a valid XML document that I can use to reproduce this
> problem? But before you do, can you confirm that you've compiled
> all your schemas with the --generate-polymorphic as suggested by
> the warning? If that's not the case, then please try to add this
> option and see if problem goes away.

sorry! I had the wrong file attached. This one should validate.

I compiled the schemas with the following options:

--generate-polymorphic
--generate-serialization
--generate-ostream
--generate-comparison
--generate-wildcard
--root-element-all

Thanks again
alberto

--
Alberto Colombo, MSc

PhD student at Digital Imaging Research Centre
Kingston University, London

e-mail: a.colombo at kingston.ac.uk
  cell: +44 77267 11980
  http://dircweb.king.ac.uk/Ris/queries/pages/home_page.asp?AuthorID=925