[xsd-users] segfault on auto_ptr release

Alberto Colombo a.colombo at kingston.ac.uk
Thu Nov 29 07:40:35 EST 2007

Hello,

I've been successfully using xsd for quite some time, but now I've
stumbled upon a problem I cannot solve.

I am using ViPer (http://viper-toolkit.sourceforge.net/) and its xml
files (schemas and example attached). The original schema file,
downloadable from viper's website, had some problems (including an UPA
violation and some inconsistencies with the actual XML files), so I made
some small changes and now it compiles and the sample file validates.

The problem is that, when I run the very simple program (Assess.cpp), it
crashes when the auto_ptr destructor is invoked. This happens both on
windows and linux (either with segmentation fault or illegal
instruction, randomly), using xsd 3.0.0.

On more complex use cases, the xsd seems to be generating a corrupted
data structure (e.g., where empty sequences have .begin() != .end()).

Can anyone confirm the error, and point me to a solution?

Thank you very much.
Best Regards,
Alberto Colombo

--
Alberto Colombo, MSc

PhD student at Digital Imaging Research Centre
Kingston University, London

e-mail: a.colombo at kingston.ac.uk
  cell: +44 77267 11980
  http://dircweb.king.ac.uk/Ris/queries/pages/home_page.asp?AuthorID=925