[xsd-users] dd xsd break IntelliSense?

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Nov 21 17:06:26 EST 2007

Hi Jeff,

Jeff Yu <thinkmega at gmail.com> writes:

> You are right.  IntelliSense is not stable.  I run into the same problem
> with stl.  Any workaround you can recommend?

The only workaround that I can think of is to not rely on/disable
IntelliSense. I personally don't use Visual Studio for every day
development, so I cannot say for sure, but my feeling is that it
is virtually impossible to use IntelliSense in any serious C++
project that relies on modern C++ techniques.

BTW, If anyone has any experience to the contrary or has any tips
on how to keep IntelliSense functional in big code bases, I would
appreciate your comments!

>From our side, we will keep trying to make the generated code work
with IntelliSense as long as it does not compromise other aspects
of the code.