[xsd-users] How to preserve DOM when serializing?

Ray Lischner rlischner at proteus-technologies.com
Tue Nov 20 13:19:48 EST 2007

We have a node with mixed-content. We use the keep_dom flag when parsing the object to preserve the mixed-content nodes. The object is later copied as an element of a larger object. The larger object was constructed in C++ code, and lacks a DOM. We then want to serialize the larger object to a DOM; we want to keep the DOM for the inner element, but need to serialize all the other elements of the larger object.

The first solution that I can think of is to customize the inner class so its operator<<(DOMElement*) function copies the DOM instead of serializing the object.

Are there any other, better solutions?
--
Ray Lischner, Proteus Technologies