Infinite recursion in generated code. (was: Re: [xsd-users] For <xs:restriction base="xs:anyType"> generated code does not compile.)

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Sun Nov 18 09:51:03 EST 2007

Hi Jeroen,

Jeroen N. Witmond [Bahco] <jnw at xs4all.nl> writes:

> Is there an overview of which constructors are required for which kinds of
> custom types? Or is there a way to get xsd to generate an overview?

You should have at least the same set of constructors as the XSD-generated
version. If you are inheriting from the generated type then you can just
copy the c-tor signatures and change the class name.

> (I noticed that in examples/cxx/tree the constructor taking DOMAttr is
> generated only for custom/calendar.)

DOMAttr version is only generated for simple types. Having said that,
there are some c-tors missing in the examples and this will be fixed
in the next release.