[xsd-users] For <xs:restriction base="xs:anyType"> generated code does not compile.

Jeroen N. Witmond [Bahco] jnw at xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 8 16:37:36 EST 2007

Greetings,

When I try to generate code for a Schema containing
<xs:restriction base="xs:anyType">
(my guess for the problem) it does not compile. The Schema file and
Makefile attached demonstrate the problem. They do not use any kind of
type customization.

The error is "error: no match for 'operator<<' in 'o << (const
xml_schema::type&)(&((const
metadox::problem*)i)->metadox::problem::<anonymous>)'". As expected, the
problem disappears when --generate-ostream is removed from the xsd
command.

The problem exists in versions 3.0.0 and 3.1.0.a1 of xsd. Code generated
by version 2.3.0 compiles without errors, but I have not tried to use it.

Regards,

Jeroen.