[xsd-users] using --include-regex within VisualStudio Command Line

Matt Burnham matt.burnham.ctr at mhpcc.hpc.mil
Thu Dec 13 16:42:06 EST 2007

I have a schema (main.xsd) that includes another schema:
<xsd:include schemaLocation="../../foo/schemas/test.xsd"/>

This originally produced the following:
#include "../../foo/schemas/test.hxx"

I want to use --include-regex to remove the schemas directory from the
path so I use:
--include-regex %foo/schemas%foo%

I am using XSD version 3.0 on Windows XP and run xsd within VisualStudio
(v7) using a "Custom Build Step" with the following  "Command Line":
xsd.exe cxx-tree --include-regex %foo/schemas%foo%
--include-regex-trace  main.xsd

Instead of the expected results I get:
#include "../../f/schemas/test.hxx"

If I run the same command line from a command prompt, I get the expected
results.  I'm confused. :-(

Any ideas?

- matt