[xsd-users] cxx-parser: Not all attributes in the XML namespace are typemapped.

Jeroen N. Witmond [Bahco] jnw at xs4all.nl
Sat Dec 1 06:41:16 EST 2007

Greetings,

When I apply xsd cxx-parser (3.0.0 or later) with the following typemap
the types are applied to lang and space, but not to base and id. The
latter remain ::std::string.

namespace "http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace" XMLnamespace
{
  include "XMLnamespace.hpp";

  base  base;
  id    id;
  lang  lang;
  space space;
}

When I looked deeper, I noticed more samples of different treatment of
these pairs of attributes, also when no typemaps are involved.  My guess
is that this is related to the difference in their definition. Attributes
lang and space are (anonymous) simpleTypes, where base and id are
xs:anyUri resp. xs:ID.

Is this expected behavior of xsd cxx-parser?

Regards,

Jeroen.