[xsd-users] Using Doxygen on the generated code

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Aug 29 06:01:35 EDT 2007

Hi Guy,

Kroizman Guy <kroiz at hyperroll.com> writes:

> Has anybody had any success creating documentation using Doxygen?

Yes, I've generated documentation for several fairly large schemas.
There is also sample documentation for the hello example:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/documentation/cxx/tree/guide/doxygen/classhello__t.html

> I get a lot of warning and in the end not much gets generated.

Warnings are expected since some internal functions are left
undocumented. We will try to get rid of the warning for the
next version of XSD. What do you mean by "not much gets
generated"? Does your documentation look similar to the sample
above?

> I am especially interested in creating classes diagram.

I believe you need to install graphviz[1] and enable graph drawing
by setting HAVE_DOT to yes in your Doxygen configuration file.

[1] http://www.graphviz.org/

See the Doxygen documentation for more information on all this.

-Boris