[xsd-users] Compiling under VC++ 6.0

Bence Magyar bence.magyar at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 12:47:18 EDT 2007

Hi,
I searched through the previous post archives hoping to find an answer to
this, so please excuse this rather newbie question.
Can I compile generated .cxx files output from cxx-tree under VC++ 6.0?  I'm
seeing the following error message:

"Microsoft Visual C++ 6 is not supported."

This message is thrown from this code snippet:

#ifdef _MSC_VER
#  if (_MSC_VER >= 1400)
#    include <xsd/cxx/compilers/vc-8/pre.hxx>
#  elif (_MSC_VER >= 1300)
#    include <xsd/cxx/compilers/vc-7/pre.hxx>
#  else
#    error Microsoft Visual C++ 6 is not supported.
#  endif
#endif

from the libxsd\xsd\cxx\pre.hxx file.

I've looked through these files, and it seems as though they only
disable/suppress different compiler warnings depending on the platform
you're compiling on.  I have a VC++ 6.0-compatible version of xerces.
Shouldn't I be able to compile cxx files in VC++ 6.0?