[xsd-users] Attempting to access attribute xml:base.

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Aug 24 04:17:48 EDT 2007

Hi Jeroen,

Jeroen N. Witmond [Bahco] <jnw at xs4all.nl> writes:

> I've updated
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~jnw/codesynthesis/xmlnamespace/index.html and all
> programs referenced by it. I intend to keep this page for a long time, so
> please feel free to link to it.

Ok, I've added the link in the "Community Resources" section in the
C++/Tree mapping Wiki page:

http://wiki.codesynthesis.com/Tree

> All programs now work with both version 2.3.0 and version 3.0.0 of xsd. I
> may need to change them to also work with version 2.3.1.

Code written for 2.3.0 shouldn't require any changes to work with 2.3.1.

> I also added a program 'attset-driver' which uses the xsd attribute_set
> to access xml:base when its presence is not explicit in the schema.

This is probably the cleanest way to go about it.

> I'm still having problems getting the customization of anyType to work.
> This is the program named 'custom-intended' and numbered '4' on my web
> page mentioned above. I'm getting compiler errors in the code generated by
> xsd. The first one is "lax.cxx:173:   instantiated from here
> /home/bahco/Sandbox/xsd_2.3.0/usr/include/xsd/cxx/tree/elements.hxx:729:
> error: invalid conversion from 'xsd::cxx::tree::type*' to
> 'xml_schema::type*'".  I really could use some help here.

I took a look and it appears there are some constructs in both 2.3.1
and 3.0.0 that prevent anyType from being customized. I am going to
try and fix this for the next release. I can also build you a pre-
release binary if you would like to give it a try before the release.