[xsd-users] anonymous types in XSD

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Sun Aug 19 03:32:34 EDT 2007

Hi Uri,

Uri Karagila <uri at hyperroll.com> writes:

> While building our application on Linux (it was already built on Win)
> we've encountered a new problem. It seems that all "_containers" are now
> being called as "_optional". The main problem seen is that anonymous
> types in XSD are converted differently on Windows vs. UNIX.

The names of containers as well as handling of anonymous types has
changed in 3.0.0 compared to the XSD 2.x.y series. I think you are
using 3.0.0 on GNU/Linux and 2.x.y on Windows. To make the two
platforms behave the same you will need to use the same version of
XSD on both. You can get older version of XSD here:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/download/xsd/