[xsd-users] Issue with includes

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Sep 29 07:13:01 EDT 2006

Hi Patrick,

Patrick Shinpaugh <pshinpaugh at vt.edu> writes:

> Hi Boris,
> You must have downloaded the zip archive - unfortunately it is from 2004
> whereas the individual .xsd files on that page are from early 2006.

Ah, who would have imagined they were different ;-). I downloaded the
individual files and could reproduce the problem you reported. I tried
the workarounds I suggested in my previous email. The first approach
(including x3d-3.0.xsd in x3d-3.0-Web3dExtensionsPublic.xsd) works
except for two things:

1. There was an obscure bug in the anonymous type morphing logic that
   only manifested itself when you have such a cyclic inclusion. I've
   fixed this bug for the next version.

2. The schema uses some default values that include '"' characters.
   These were not properly escaped when used in the generated code so
   the resulting code would not compile. I've fixed this as well.

Otherwise I could compile the schemas and the generated code without
any problems. I can build you a pre-release binary of XSD - just let
me know which platform(s) and package format(s) you need.