[xsd-users] cannot compile libxsd-frontend 1.8.0 cygwin

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Sep 19 14:37:19 EDT 2006

Remsy,

Schmilinsky, Remsy <Remsy.Schmilinsky at ccra-adrc.gc.ca> writes:

> Sorry for the confusion. The problem is that we need to recompile xerces
> with other options in order to run the examples.

Yes, I remember. I suggest that you simply keep two separate builds of
Xerces-C++ - one for XSD (MinGW) and one for your applications (Cygwin).
Since XSD links statically to Xerces-C++ you don't need to install this
version of Xerces-C++ (e.g., copy it to /usr/local) so you can just
install the one that you will use to build your applications.