[xsd-users] bug report for xsd

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Sep 19 13:09:08 EDT 2006

Hi,

In the future please send technical questions like this to the
xsd-users mailing list instead of to me directly. This way a)
other developers who may have experienced a similar problem can
provide you with a solution b) questions and answers will be
archived and available to others with similar problems.

Lixuesong <givemenews at tom.com> writes:

> Yes, the result will not be normal if I use
> std::auto_ptr<hello_type> h (hello (argv[1], xml_schema::flags::dont_validate));
>
> for the following XML file:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
> <hello>
>
>   <name>x006
> </name>
>
> </hello>
>

> but if I use <name>x006</name>,  the result will be normal.

Confirmed, thanks for reporting this! The patch is available:

http://codesynthesis.com/download/xsd/2.3/xsd-2.3.0-base64-patch.tar.gz
http://codesynthesis.com/download/xsd/2.3/xsd-2.3.0-base64-patch.zip

Note that it is for XSD 2.3.0. To apply follow the instructions in
the README file.

> besides, the result looks ugly if adding adding a line feed before </name>.

We are using base64 encoding functions from Xerces-C++. For some (probably
good) reason their implementation adds the final new line.