[xsd-users] Re: Regardin the XSD XML Binder

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Sep 6 04:20:26 EDT 2006

Hi Namratha,

In the future please send technical questions like these to the
xsd-users mailing list. This way a) other developers who may have
experienced a similar problem can provide you with a solution
b) your questions and answers will be archived and be available
to others with similar questions.

namratha priya saldanha <namrathapriyas at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am Namratha. I downloaded the XSD product for Linux-X86 architecture.
>
> I managed to compile the .xsd file for which  .hxx and .txx files got
> generated.

Ok, from this I gather that you are using the C++/Parser mapping.

> I couldnot understand much from the quick-start guide. I want to know how
> does the .cxx file get generated and what is the driver.cxx file?

With the C++/Parser mapping you do not get the .cxx file. It is
generated for the C++/Tree mapping though. I suggest that you
start with the C++/Tree mapping since it is easier to understand.
The driver.cxx file is a hand-written test case that uses the
generated code.

Also note that both Quick Guides are based on the 'hello' examples
which are available in examples/cxx/tree/hello for C++/Tree and in
/examples/cxx/parser/hello for C++/Parser. The examples also come
with makefiles which I suggest you use in order to build them.