[xsd-users] Serialization of ISO-8859-1 caracters.

Raul Huertas raulh39 at tid.es
Wed Jun 28 07:54:29 EDT 2006

Boris Kolpackov escribió:
>  I have a couple of suggestions/questions for you:
>

> 1. Does everything work as expected if you use only ASCII characters?

Yes.
In the test, the only fields that doesn't work was those that I tried to
put "special" chars in them.
> 2. Try to set the locale in your application explicitly. I.e., add
>    the following to your simple test:
>
>    #include <locale.h>
>
>    int
>    main (int argc, char* argv[])
>    {
>      setlocale (LC_CTYPE, "ISO-8859-1");

>    }

It worked!
Thanks a lot.

I guess that xerces uses the ctype (isxdigit, toascii, ...) and/or
multibyte (mbrtowc, mbsrtowcs, ...) functions, ¿doesn't it?

> 3. What happens if you try to serialize using UTF-8 instead of ISO-8859-1?

Same thing: if I call setlocale it works, if I don't, it doesn't.
> Let us know how it goes.

Let me say again ;): thanks. I really want to convince my company to use
this library. May be now I can...
> -boris

Raúl.