[xsd-users] CoT schema and xsd followup

Matt Burnham mwburn at mhpcc.hpc.mil
Tue Jun 27 23:17:20 EDT 2006

I've updated my version of xsd to the latest and using some of the added
options, things are now working.

My next question is:

I have a "core" schema that has a placeholder element called "detail".
I then have multiple sub-schemas for data that can go inside of the
"detail" section.  My actual xml file that I'm parsing get's loaded into
the cxx-tree, but I can only access the "detail" element.  Is there any
way to get to the "embedded data?  And then pass this data to the
parsers I have for it?

I've attached a simplified version of the core schema.

And here's a simplyfied version of the source:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="us-ascii" standalone="yes"?>
<event>
    <detail>
        <embedded-data>
        </embedded-data/>