[xsd-users] Solaris

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Jun 8 14:28:18 EDT 2006

Hi Behzad,

Behzad <behzad at rocketmail.com> writes:

> Has any one tried to build XSD for solaris x86? I am not sure whats
> needed. I have all GNU tools installed. I have seen the build procesure
> for windows, is the same procedure apply for Solaris?

Yes, except for the following differences:

Cygwin

  This step is not needed. You will need fairly recent (3.4.x or later)
  g++.

STLPort

  This step is not needed.

boost-jam

  You will probably need to build boost-jam from sources (quite easy).

Boost

  Follow standard build instructions for Boost with gcc toolset:

  http://www.boost.org/more/getting_started.html

Xerces-C++

  Follow standard instructions from Xerces-C++. You will need to
  specify C and C++ compilers to the runConfigure script since
  by default it will use Sun C/C++, e.g.:

  ./runConfigure -p solaris -c gcc -x g++

  You don't need to do any modifications to any files in Xerces-C++.

libcult
libfrontend-elements
libbackend-elements
libxsd-frontend
xsd

  Follow instructions described in the windows build except leave out
  everything that refers to stlport or cygwin.

I can provide you with whatever assistance you need in building it
yourself; just send descriptions of any problems to this mailing list.
Alternatively I can build you the binary for Solaris 10, x86.