[xsd-users] xsd documentation (other than examples) wanted

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Aug 23 04:01:21 EDT 2006

Hi Lawrence,

Lawrence M. Lifshitz <Lawrence.Lifshitz at umassmed.edu> writes:

> The only documentation I see is under /usr/doc/xsd/examples  in the form of
> example files (and running xsd help).

This is actually a bug: our RPM spec file does not include documentation
other than the man pages. We will try to fix this for the next version.
Thanks for reporting it!

> Is there anything that describes in more  detail how to actually use it?

Sure. First of all, XSD supports two C++ mappings: C++/Tree and  C++/Parser.

The C++/Tree mapping overview page is here:

http://codesynthesis.com/products/xsd/c++/tree/

It includes a number of resources under the "Documentation" section,
including C++/Tree Quick Guide, C++/Tree User Manual, FAQs, etc.

The C++/Parser mapping overview page is here:

http://codesynthesis.com/products/xsd/c++/parser/

There is also a bunch of links under the "Documentation" section.

To decide which mapping you want I suggest you read quick guides
for both the C++/Tree and C++/Parser mappings; this will give you
an idea about what programming with each mapping feels like.

Let us know if you have any further questions.