[xsd-users] cannot compile hello cygwin

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Aug 9 12:18:42 EDT 2006

Hi Remsy,

Schmilinsky, Remsy <Remsy.Schmilinsky at ccra-adrc.gc.ca> writes:

> It finally worked, thanks ! but I still got these messages...

Yes I've got those too. They are informational and I gather have
something to do with the way the Xerces-C++ library was built
(symbol auto importing/exporting). I am not exactly sure how
to get rid of them other than re-creating Xerces-C++ as a static
library. I just tried this and it works:

$ cd ~
$ cd xerces-c-src_2_7_0/lib
$ rm *
$ ar rc libxerces-c.a ../obj/CYGWIN/*.o
$ ranlib libxerces-c.a

This gets rid of the Info messages and makes fiddling with PATH
unnecessary.

> maybe they could dissapear by rebuilding xsd.exe again with the new
> compilation of xerces.

No this definitely won't help.