[xsd-users] Re: Problem with XSD

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Aug 9 11:45:34 EDT 2006

Hi Tomasz,

Please send technical questions about XSD to the xsd-users mailing
list (which I've CC'ed to my reply). This way other will be able to
help you as well as to benefit from the discussion.

Tomasz Kowalski <tomi707 at wp.pl> writes:

> I downloaded Your example file for XSD - hello.xsd.
> When I try change this file to C++ (xsd cxx-tree hello.xsd) 'xsd'
> program gives me 2 files - hello.cxx and hello.hxx.
>
> When I try to compile this file I have linker errors.
> In downloaded xerces-c-2.7 are libraries : xerxes-c-2, xerces-c-2D,
> xerces-c_2_7 and xerces-c_2_7D. I include this libraries.
>
> In manual cxx-tree-manual.pdf I found example, where for compiling
> hello.cxx is include xerces-c. But I haven't this library.

The example in the manual uses UNIX way of building things. Seeing
that you've downloaded precompiled libraries of Xerces-C++ for
Windows, I assume you are using Windows and Visual C++. The XSD
distribution for Windows[2] includes Visual C++ project files
for all examples, including 'hello', which is presented in the
manual. Please read the accompanying README file for the
instructions on how to set everything up.