[xsd-users] cannot compile hello cygwin

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Aug 8 10:27:17 EDT 2006

Hi Remsy,

Schmilinsky, Remsy <Remsy.Schmilinsky at ccra-adrc.gc.ca> writes:

> Hi Boris. I rebuilt xerces as you recommended. Do I need to recreate the
> rest of the packages too? I noticed it built the dll, but not the static
> library.

No, you do not need to rebuild XSD. Just use this version of Xerces-C++
to build examples. The reason you need to link differently-build
Xerces-C++ to xsd and the examples is because xsd was built as Mingw
(native Win32) executable while your examples will be Cygwin
executable.

You may want to copy Xerces-C++ headers from the include/ directory to
/usr/local/include and .lib/.dll from lib/ to /usr/local/lib. This way
g++ should find them automatically.