[xsd-users] support of GML schemes?

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Aug 7 15:06:35 EDT 2006

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Kombrink <katakombi at gmail.com> writes:

> referring to this post
> http://codesynthesis.com/pipermail/xsd-users/2005-October/000063.html
> from last autumn I just wanted to ask if the aforementioned issues with the
> GML schemes has been fixed already?

The number of issues depend on what mapping you are planning to use.

The Xerces-C++ bug is still not fixed. Seeing that this questions comes
up at least once a month, I will try to come up with a fix. Meantime
you may want to try GML 3.1.1s which is (quoting from the readme.txt):

"a version of the GML 3.1.1 schema with all "deprecated" components
 removed. This copy of the schema is provided for convenience in
 developing new application schemata to ensure that they do not use
 any deprecated components."

It compiles cleanly with XSD. Pleas see the following post for details:

http://codesynthesis.com/pipermail/xsd-users/2006-July/000445.html
http://codesynthesis.com/pipermail/xsd-users/2006-July/000446.html
http://codesynthesis.com/pipermail/xsd-users/2006-July/000447.html

> Is xsd/xerces a good choice to write a (slick) GML parser?

Looking at all the bloat in GML schemas I am wondering how slick
event a completely hand-crafted parser could be ;-). I think if
you stick to 3.1.1s you might have a chance.