[xsd-users] cannot compile hello cygwin

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Aug 4 14:59:58 EDT 2006

Hi Remsy,

Schmilinsky, Remsy <Remsy.Schmilinsky at ccra-adrc.gc.ca> writes:

> Ok, so I had to copy the xerces folder and xsd (the .h files) to
> /usr/include, also libxerces-c.a into /usr/lib. At the end, I get the
> following errors coming from xerces (linkage errors). thanks for your
> patience !

Uh, I am afraid you will need to rebuild Xerces-C++. The one that
you just built is for Mingw (native Win32). You need one for
Cygwin because you are building XSD examples as Cygwin applications.

I suggest you unpack a fresh copy of Xerces-C++ source somewhere,
set XERCESCROOT and then use the following command lines to configure
and build:

$ ./runConfigure -p cygwin -c gcc -x g++
$ make

Let me know how it goes.