[xsd-users] Compile problem with xsd schema

Jean-Francois Dube jf at magnu.polymtl.ca
Fri Aug 4 11:04:51 EDT 2006

   Hi,
   Someone I know had a similar problem with xsd and Visual Studio.
   It's a limitation of the Microsoft compiler. Your schema is probably
   too "deep", and the generated code has too many levels of nested
   class.
   See [1]http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ft39hh4x.aspx
   "Levels of nested class, structure, or union definitions in a single
   struct-declaration-list ... (16)."
   In his case, I think he had 15 levels of embeded elements in his
   schema.
   I don't know if there is a workaround, otherwise you will need to try
   to flaten your schema (put more elements at global scope), ... or
   change compiler.
   JF
   Boris Kolpackov wrote:

Hi Antonio,

Moschini Antonio [2]<Antonio.Moschini at siemens.com> writes:

I need help on this error generated by Visual Studio .NET2005 compiling
a schema of 12581 lines.
"d:\..\schema.cxx(271153) : fatal error C1061: compiler limit : blocks
nested too deeply".

We will need to see the code fragment (preferably all the way up to the
namespace scope) around this line. Providing corresponding schema fragment
might also help.