[xsd-users] build xsd on cygwin fail

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Aug 4 08:11:20 EDT 2006

Hi Remsy,

Schmilinsky, Remsy <Remsy.Schmilinsky at ccra-adrc.gc.ca> writes:

> I am trying to build xsd by following the steps outlined in the windows
> installation instructions for cygwin
> http://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/extras/build-windows.xhtml
> However it fails when I reach libxsd-frontend, everything before that
> goes well. Here is the output (I've tried twice and always the same
> error, using windows 2000 / cygwin). It looks like there something
> wrong with the libcult, but maybe you can help me:
>
> /usr/src/libxsd-frontend-1.6.0/xsd-frontend/parser.cxx: In member function `virtual Cult::Types::Fundamental::Void XSDFrontend
> ::<unnamed>::Resolver::traverse(XSDFrontend::SemanticGraph::Complex&)':
> /usr/src/libxsd-frontend-1.6.0/xsd-frontend/parser.cxx:500: error: invalid initialization of reference of type 'XSDFrontend::<
> unnamed>::AttributeGroupRefs&' from expression of type 'const Cult::Containers::Vector<XSDFrontend::<unnamed>::AttributeGroupR
> ef>'

I think you have a version mismatch between libcult and libxsd-frontend.
I suggest you try to upgrade to the latest distributions of all the
components (build, libcult, libfrontend-elements, libbackend-elements,
libxsd-frontend, and xsd). If you really need to use 1.6.0 then I suggest
you use exactly the versions of the components that are specified in the
INSTALL files of libxsd-frontend-1.6.0 and xsd-2.1.0.