[xsd-announcements] Removal of support for outdated
compilers/libraries in XSD 4.0.0
boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Feb 23 06:09:24 EST 2010
In the next major release of XSD (XSD 4.0.0) we are planning to remove
support for the following outdated C++ compilers and libraries:
* Xerces-C++ 2.8.0 and earlier.
* VC++ 7.1 (.NET 2003) on Windows.
* HP aCC A.03.x on HP-UX/PA-RISC.
* Lack of support for reset() and proper return semantics in
std::auto_ptr (affects some older IBM XL C++ compiler versions).
* Boost versions earlier than 1.40.0.
* Oracle/Berkeley DB XML integration (currently XSD is not working
with newer versions of DB XML and there is no easy way to fix this).
If you have any concerns about any of the above items, please let us
More information about the xsd-announcements