[odb-users] Error: Relation "schema_version" already exists

Arnaud Kapp arnaud.kapp at islog.com
Fri Sep 9 13:01:36 EDT 2016

Hello,

I've been using ODB against SQLite and MySQL database. I had a weird
issue that didn't hit SQLite. Therefore, I wanted to give a try with
PostgreSQL.

I'm new to Postgre but I don't think it's particularly relevant here.
I use multiple ODB schema, and use versioning. Therefore, when
generating various model tables, a schema_version table is also created.

The problem is, when targeting Postgre, an exception is thrown
when creating the second schema. The first one gets created ok,
then `42P07: ERROR:  relation "schema_version" already exists` is
thrown.

 From reading the documentation as well as various mailing list post I
know that this can happen when building the table from various .sql
files. However, I generate embedded schema, and I believe ODB
should take of this for me (and it does with SQLite / MySQL).

Would this be something I missed, a potential bug, or something else?
Thank you !

--
Best regards / Cordialement,

Arnaud KAPP