[odb-users] Re: libcutl repo not exported

MM finjulhich at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 19:09:24 EST 2015

On 29 September 2015 at 15:50, Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> MM <finjulhich at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > fatal: remote error: access denied or repository not exported:
> > /odb/libcutl/libcutl.git
>
> I wonder when will you learn to tell what you have actually done
> (i.e. the *exact* commands that you ran) that triggered the error?
> In fact, enough is enough. From now on, I will be ignoring your
> questions that don't include this information.
>
> In any case, both:
>
> git clone git://scm.codesynthesis.com/libcutl/libcutl.git
> git clone http://scm.codesynthesis.com/libcutl/libcutl.git
>
> As suggested on:
>
> http://scm.codesynthesis.com/?p=libcutl/libcutl.git;a=summary
>
> Work for me.
>

> > I now follow INSTALL-GIT and just do a make inside the odb directory. It
> > seems this file options.hxx is not generated, even
> >
> > odb/odb/odb.cxx:38:27: fatal error: odb/options.hxx: No such file or
> > directory
>
> When you ran make for the first time, you should have been asked
> a bunch of questions, including whether you would like to use the
> development build of cli (you should answer 'no')

under Fedora 23, in my dir ~/srcs/codesynthesis, I've cloned the following:

build
cli
libodb
libodb-boost
libodb-sqlite
odb
odb-etc

by using this command once for each directory:

git clone git://scm.codesynthesis.com/<projectname>

After having built and installed build and cli,
with cli installed in /usr/local/bin/cli, and now I am inside odb, I run
make for the first time:

Configuring external dependency on 'cli' for 'odb'.

Would you like to configure dependency on the installed
version of 'cli' as opposed to the development build?

[y]:

and where cli
> is (you should answer '/usr/local/bin/cli'). After that, the
> build process should generate options.?xx without problems.

If I press Enter which therefore means 'y', it doesn't ask me for where is
'cli'.
I finish with all the questions (I take defaults for all), and then the
above error happens.

If I answer 'n', it asks me for src_root [] for cli and out_root
 [/usr/local/bin]