[odb-users] Problem compiling applications when Qt is built without STL compatibility

Shantanu Tushar Jha shantanu at kde.org
Fri Jan 31 04:57:20 EST 2014

[Please Reply-to-all, I am not subscribed]

Hi,

We are using ODB for Plasma Media Center[1] in the KDE project. With the Qt
supplied by (at least) Ubuntu and Fedora packages, STL compatibility is not
on by default and hence we get this error when we compile our application-

const class QString' has no member named 'toStdString'

Follwing advice from a stackoverflow post[2], we have come up with a
patch[3] for libodb-qt which seems to work.

Now, for packaging we can either request distros to manually apply this
patch to ODB packages, or is it possible for this to be applied upstream?

[1]
https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/multimedia/plasma-mediacenter/repository/show?rev=shantanu-sinny-media-caching
[2]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15806452/qt-error-const-class-qstring-has-no-member-named-tostdstring