[odb-users] Problem compiling applications when Qt is built without STL compatibility

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Sat Feb 1 00:07:59 EST 2014

Hi Shantanu Tushar,

Shantanu Tushar Jha <shantanu at kde.org> writes:

> We are using ODB for Plasma Media Center[1] in the KDE project.

That's pretty cool. Let us know if you find any other issues with
using ODB in projects like this.

> Follwing advice from a stackoverflow post[2], we have come up with a
> patch[3] for libodb-qt which seems to work.
>
> Now, for packaging we can either request distros to manually apply this
> patch to ODB packages, or is it possible for this to be applied upstream?

Yes, the more portable ODB is the better. I've applied a slightly
modified version of your patch (used toLatin1() instead of toUtf8()
and added a comment explaining why we can't use toStdString()):

http://scm.codesynthesis.com/?p=odb/libodb-qt.git;a=commitdiff;h=1039d51ecde835ef842a6596083e771f7f367fc7;hp=4d9bde105203653492573d6d52b307c3ce42419b

I've also packaged libodb-qt with the fix:

http://codesynthesis.com/~boris/tmp/odb/libodb-qt-2.3.0.tar.bz2

If you could try it and let me know if everything works on your side,
then I can publish it as a 2.3.1 bug-fix release.