[odb-users] Problem: odb.exe fails to generate valid hxx/cxx file, not adding shared_ptr<T> in typedef

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Mar 13 06:44:08 EDT 2012

Hi Wayne,

Wayne Hackle <hacklew at hotmail.com> writes:

> So I dug a bit deeper, ran "odb --database mysql --generate-query
> employee.hxx", then the project fails to build.

If you read the README file that accompanies the example, you will notice
this fragment:

  These files are generated by the ODB compiler from employee.hxx using the
  following command line:

  odb -d <database> --generate-schema --generate-query \
  --default-pointer std::tr1::shared_ptr employee.hxx

  Where <database> stands for the database system we are using, for example,
  'mysql'.

  The --default-pointer option is used to make TR1 shared_ptr the default
  object pointer.