[odb-users] C++11 support

Wesley Harris wesmharris at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 12:16:50 EST 2012

Hi!

I'm just starting to use ODB, and I really like it (aside from the extra
tool in the build chain). What really gets me down though is the lack of
C++11 support. While I know that the standard was only recently published,
some of the language features have been around for a long time. It would be
really great to see some more support for these new features.

Two things which I've encountered:
1) std::shared_ptr<T> (rather than std::tr1::shared_ptr<T>). I know that
they're the same, but I don't like to have to use the tr1 namespace just
for serialization code.
2) The use of nested template types with out a space between the angle
brackets. e.g. I want to use shared_ptr<vector<string>> rather than
shared_ptr<vector<string>_> (underscore to emphasize the space)

Thanks for the great library! I really think that it is the best out there
as it is reasonably non-intrusive, and doesn't require hefty dependancies
like Qt

Wes