[odb-users] Building GOF Composite Pattern ODB-1.5.0

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Aug 9 08:14:25 EDT 2011

Hi Dan,

Dan Coffey <dcoffey at netharmonix.com> writes:

> I had both: odb -d mysql --profile *qt *--profile *boost*
> --generate-query --generate-schema rdolls.h -I/...
> I removed --profile boost and the pointer error was resolved.

The Qt and Boost profiles override the default object pointer
to be QSharedPointer and boost::shared_ptr, respectively. The
profile that was specified last in the command line (Boost in
your case) wins. So if you want to use both, then you can
either specify them in the desired order or specify the pointer
type explicitly after the profile options:

--profile qt --profile boost --default-pointer QSharedPointer

As always, this is all covered in the ODB manual.