[libxsd-frontend-users] I have a problem that is frustrating me

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Apr 24 04:15:57 EDT 2008

Hi Howard,

Modell, Howard S <howard.s.modell at boeing.com> writes:

> make: *** No rule to make target
> `/export/home/modellh/codesyn/boost_1_34_1/stage/lib/libboost_filesystem
> -gcc346-1_34_1.so', needed by

I think the toolset version you have entered for the boost libraries
is incorrect. It seems you have entered 346 while it should be 34 (that
is, boost does not use the last component of the GCC version). You can
verify this by checking if there is libboost_filesystem-gcc34-1_34_1.so
in the /export/home/modellh/codesyn/boost_1_34_1/stage/lib/ directory.

If that's the problem then you can fix it by reconfiguring your boost
dependency. A quick way to do this without reconfiguring the whole
thing is to remove the following files in the build/import/libboost/
subdirectory in libbackend-elements and libxsd-frontend:

configuration-dynamic.make
filesystem/filesystem.l.cpp-options
filesystem/filesystem.l
regex/regex.l.cpp-options
regex/regex.l

After that you can run make in this two libraries and when prompted
to enter the boost toolset version, type 34 instead of 346.

Boris